Live - Laugh - Love

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Couch to 5K and Other Stories

My friend has been trying to get me to start running 5Ks with her for the last year...at least. I am not a big runner or a runner at all to be completely honest. I have been trying to hold her off until I suddenly had the idea that running would be a good thing. So, I had Mike purchase me a nice pair of Patagonia running shoes while he was at Outdoor Retail Store. Then I realized I was going to have to use them.

This is when my friend came to me again with a class called Hip Hop Hustle. Now that I felt like I could do. I signed up and went to class with her and another friend of ours. It was my first time in an actual work out class. It was very fun. I loved it. In fact, I'm going back next Saturday too.

Getting me to that class made me realize I was out of shape. When she asked me to start the Couch to 5K program I decided this was it...now or never. Tonight was our first night and I can tell you it kicked my butt. I'm so very out of shape. Even just the light jogging we did left me winded and sweating like a pig. We had the kids with so it was even a little stressful. I have to find a sitter for some of the nights in order to make this happen. I need to make it happen. It's a 9 week program and 6 of the weeks I'll be working on my final course for my Masters.

Tight fit!

Gonna make it work.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You can do it! You are one amazing lady, chica, and I honestly believe you can do anything!

Wish I was there to do it with you guys. T'would be lots of fun.