Live - Laugh - Love

Friday, October 29, 2010

What A Week!

Well, it has been quite the busy week. Last weekend I went to a wonderful retreat with my mother-in-law called Women of Faith. It was awesome. I laughed, I cried, I refreshed.

Monday went fast and furious at work as everyone asked how my weekend went. Then hell broke loose and I spent the rest of my week at work going insane trying to keep my head above water. It was a challange. I didn't do very well.

By Tuesday I was dizzy from all the spinning around keeping up. I was weary. I had committed myself to helping out with the Christmas event at church this year and was feeling down about it. So busy. Why am I volunteering all over the place when I'm so busy??? However, we got down and dirty and most of the event is already planned. If it keeps going this easy we'll have an awesome event.

I don't really remember Wednesday or Thursday. No wait, that's a lie. Thursday was just yesterday. Mike and I had the inlaws watch the kids after school. We went out to dinner and celebrated our anniversary a whole week and a half late. However, dinner was good and we had fun together. The kids stayed the night there so we could get some sleep and get up early for this morning. Mike had his "appointment" today.

After that this morning I got to work in time to put out a few fires and do my best to remember what I had been doing this week. UGH. So wildly busy. I was excited by all the things going on but as I'm still learning I seem to also trip a bit here and there.

This afternoon I got the kids home, dishes done, laundry switched and I'm exhausted. So much I could be doing but I do not have the energy to do anything else than this blog. We still have Halloween this weekend! I know it's going to be great and I cannot wait to post pictures :) I just hope we get some sleep here and there. I could use it!!! If it hadn't been for last weekend's retreat I'm sure I would have lost it this week. I'm thankful for the time I had or I would have been a mess this week. Sometimes you just need a brain break.

No comments: