Live - Laugh - Love

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Up To Nothing and So Busy

I haven't blogged in a very long time. I have been busy on all fronts but not doing anything NEW really. My shop is busy and every time I get caught up on orders I get behind again and need to figure something out in order to get back on track. I've decided to use my Mother-In-Law to help out with beanies now and again which works out for both of us. She can use the dough to fund her trip to see her new grandson who will be born in the next month (I'm getting a nephew!!! So excited!) and I can use a moment to do something else in the meantime.

Work is insane. We're working as hard as possible to get orders out the door and being a Production Supervisor means that it's all my responsibility to make sure it gets done. I post overtime and more overtime...and my people hate me. However, I explain we have to do what we have to do. It's the final round and if it doesn't get done there will be cutbacks. We have to make this order, no if, ands, or buts about it. I'm doing what I can with a smile on my face but the hours are brutal and in the process of working on a Masters Degree, raising a family, and working in my shop there just isn't time left to do much else. Which is why my blog, among other things, have been left behind in the dust.

The good news is my son and husband are forgiving. Nathan is doing amazing at preschool and is a gem everyday. He is learning so much and growing into the most funny and caring young dude. He has a heart of gold and loves to laugh and make others laugh. He reminds me of myself all the time as a kid as he sings constantly and loves to pretend he is in the movies. I fall in love with him over and over every day. Which brings me to my husband. He works hard on his own, but still bends over backwards to make sure I have the time to work my OT, do school work, and take a shower every now and then. The house remains at least semi clean and laundry may not be put away but we do have clean clothes to wear because of him. He hugs me all the time because he knows I'm at a breaking point and ready to scream. The pressure is on but he's there for me.

While you may not hear from me always, I'm still reading blogs and trying to connect to those in the blog world. It's a good release at midnight when school work is finally done and I need a moment to unwind before I put myself to bed.

It could be much worse, and I'm not complaining. I'm just going through the motions until something gives or gets less busy so that I can concentrate on the fun stuff again like making new beanies and posting to my Etsy store :)

No comments: